What an amazing, incredible privilege it was to interview this dynamic duo. And… it’s a WELL / AWARE first: it’s the very first time the show has had more than one guest on in the same episode! These two ladies are shaking up the beauty industry in a real way. Kerrilynn Pamer and Cindy DiPrima are the founders of CAP Beauty — you heard it here first, it’s the new Sephora. CAP is a natural beauty boutique and spa that stocks products with only the most natural ingredients. I Love CAP Beauty, with a capital L. It’s warm, inviting, chic without being pretentious and just a fun place to play, experiment and meet like-minded wellness folk. I can walk in and trust that I don’t have to look at labels (even though I do, of course, partly out of habit, partly out of passion and curiosity) but also, I can go there and trust I’ll learn something new about beauty or wellness.
I met the two of them at one of their events, actually co-hosted by Marissa of Negative Underwear and Sarah Levy, owner of Y7 (where Alex Sharry teaches). They became fans of the podcast instantaneously, and I’m so grateful they did.
There’s a reason CAP has a cult following.
1. They bring us brands we haven’t heard of, leading to experimentation.
2. They bring the makers behind the brands to life through intimate in-person events.
3. Their store feels like the living room of your super chic, always put together and on-trend friend. Once you’re there, you’ll never want to leave. There’s no denying they are busy ladies, but something about being in their presence makes you feel taken care of. I also signed up for a treatment in their spa, which was facial acupuncture with the lovely Elizabeth Alexandre, I’ll write about that on the blog.
- Kerrilynn and Cindy’s own wellness rituals
- how Kerrilynn’s celiac diagnosis changed her life
- their favorite natural beauty products
- the mastermind meetings that lead to opening CAP Beauty
- a peek inside their partnership, both big-picture and day-to-day
- the effectiveness of natural beauty products
- the key to cap beauty’s swift success
- balance is overrated (!!!)
- straight up finances
- how to write a manifesto for yourself or your business
- money as a living entity, always in flow
- why relationships are the key to a successful business
If you want to shout out to Cindy and Kerrilynn during or after their episode, you can reach them at @capbeautydaily on Instagram. Tell them you listened. As I always say, if you’re feeling the love, share it!
If you are in NY or visiting and want to pay CAP Beauty a visit, it’s at 238 West 10th street in New York City’s West Village.
Y7 Yoga (Alex Sharry)
Cafe Cluny – mastermind meeting place
My current favorites:
In Fiore Treat Cleanser – great for sensitive, dry skin
Sun Potion Cordiceps (sold out currently)
Sun Potion Rhodiola – amazing for focus and healing stress
Sun Potion Tocos – like dessert!
Photo creds: 1 / Sasha Israel for Bonberi, 2 / Sarah Jane Mercer blog, 3 / Sarah Elliott for Jenni Kayne / Rip + Tan