I’m so excited to finally share Episode 11, which has been months in the making: an interview with the one and only Marissa Vosper of Soho-based Negative Underwear. I’m intrigued by Negative Underwear as a brand for a few reasons: they’re fairly traded, sustainably made and embody a wellness mindset. All in a pair of skivvies.
Marissa maintains that underwear is like the skincare of our wardrobes. It’s what’s closest to the body all day every day, why wouldn’t you pay the same amount of attention to it as you would your morning and evening serums. I love this way of thinking. She’s an incredible example of what living WELL / AWARE looks like in action. Her particularly unique and intriguing upbringing gave her the awareness she needed to understand balance, while meeting her own needs and the demands of her expanding underwear empire.
This episode is amazing for anyone trying to get his or her passion project to take off. Marissa used to work at Wolff Olins as a brand strategist, and she’s peppered our chat with helpful insights for what to do once you’ve taken the plunge. It’s also ideal for anyone who wants tools to better understand your own tendencies.
- the unintentional theme of getting older, wiser and sexier
- how she found a niche and nailed it
- how Marissa’s self-image has changed since working in the underwear industry
- the importance of good design, especially as it relates to decluttering
- the self compassion vs. personal growth conundrum
- shifting from a “should” to a “want” approach to career
Thanks again for being on the show, Marissa!
WELL / AWARE’s Chalkboard Mag feature: Brainfood: 8 Mind Body Podcasts We Love